1. What we collect
- • Information that you provide on our website, both at the time of registering and beyond
- • Any correspondence between you and us
- • Any surveys you complete for us
- • Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- • Details of your visits to our site
- • Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
2. How we use the information we gather
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services to you - to administer your account and to help you connect with other users. We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Additionally, we use your information to help keep you safe, ensure legal compliance and to improve our services and develop new ones.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
(a) Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
(b) Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyse users’ behaviour on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
We are fully committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store any credit or debit card details on our server or transmit any credit or debit card details from it.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the files are added and the cookies help analyse web traffic and/or let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
5. Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Controlling your personal informationIf you provide us with personal information by registering on our website, you will have access on My account page to change your contact preferences at any time.
We will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any advertisers, but we may in the future provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may in the future make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with potential advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that:
- • We sell or buy any business or assets or if Justaskmeout Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
7. Data Protection Act
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Justaskmeout Ltd, 50 Haslemere Avenue, London, W13 9UL. Under the act you may request details of the personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable for such requests to cover our costs in providing you with these details. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you please write to us at the address above.
This policy is effective from 23/05/2018. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are still happy with the policy.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.