- "Service(s)" refers to the entirety of the Services available to you through Justaskmeout Ltd, whether paid or unpaid;
- "Member(s)" refers to any or all valid registered users of our Services;
- "Member Content" refers to the information contained in the Member's profile, created by the Member and displayed on our site from time to time;
- "Subscription" refers to a paid fixed rate giving access to additional Services, for a limited period that can be 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and 6 months.
2. Joining us as a Member
To join as a Member of our site you must:
- • be at least 18 years old;
- • complete all of the required fields on the registration forms;
- • not have been convicted of any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
You are advised that a breach of this clause constitutes a serious breach of these Terms.
3. Member content, profile information and photos
You alone are responsible for any content or information you publish in your profile and any communication between you and other people made via the site. The Company is not the publisher and only provides the channel for Members to publish and/or distribute their information. No responsibility is assumed by The Company for the publication of Member Content.
In publishing content to your profile, you may NOT publish content that:
- • is sexually explicit or offensive, this includes content that contains offensive language, overtly sexually explicit content (including photographs), is unlawful, threatening, libellous, abusive, harmful, bigoted, racially offensive, obscene or harassing;
- • encourages behaviour that may constitute a criminal offence, result in civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- • contains advertising or commercial messages. You may not send messages of a commercial nature to other Members via the site;
- • contains any personal contact information, including but is not restricted to, email addresses, telephone numbers, instant messaging contact details, website URLs, etc. Personal contact information will be removed;
- • belongs to a third party without permission from them. This includes but is not limited to photographs, images and text. Should you believe that material belonging to a third party has been posted on the site you are requested to contact The Company with full details of the alleged copyright infringement including the Member username and your contact details.
Whilst The Company reserves the right to delete or remove content deemed offensive by The Company, The Company does not guarantee that offensive material will be removed or deleted. Failure by The Company to remove or delete offensive content does not waive our right to remove or delete offensive content in subsequent or similar cases.
The Company reserves the right to be able to use Member Content, including photos for general promotional purposes, both on Justaskmeout.co.uk and elsewhere. By publishing content on your profile you grant The Company permission to publish your content in such a fashion.
4. Member conduct
As a member, you agree not to:
- • in connection with the Services breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct;
- • harass any Member;
- • make comments, broadcast or publish in any form whatsoever Member content or any other content that infringes the rights of others or that is defamatory, injurious, obscene, offensive, violent or can/does incite violence, or is any way shape or form racist or xenophobic;
- • in general; not to make any comment (whether in writing or verbally) that is contrary to the purpose of our sites' current rules and laws in force or acceptable norms and standards;
- • use the Services for junk mail, spam and pyramid or similar or fraudulent schemes.
5. Member safety and security
It is important that you understand that we do not have a contractual obligation nor the technical means to verify the identity of people who register as Members or to verify Member Content (although we do reserve the right to monitor if we think it appropriate).
As a Member you are advised not to assume that any Member Content is accurate. A person may not be who he or she claims to be. You should at all times exercise the same caution you would normally when you meet people. We cannot be liable for false or misleading statements by Members. When arranging to meet another person through use of the Services, you must take appropriate precautions. Any such meetings are at your own risk and are not our responsibility.
The Company cannot control what happens between Members once they decide to meet in person, however should you encounter behaviour that may be deemed harmful to other Members you are requested to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible. All reports are treated in confidence, and will be considered by a senior member of our team as quickly as possible. If deemed appropriate at the sole discretion of The Company, we may warn, suspend or delete a Member's profile. If you need to report an attack, a missing person, or if you feel that your safety is at immediate risk, we advise you to contact the police straight away, and then contact us.
As a Member you at all times remain solely responsible (and liable) for the use of your identification information by third parties or for the actions or statements made through your Member's account, whether these be fraudulent or not. You agree to indemnify us against any claims of this kind. For the avoidance of all doubt, we shall not be liable if your identity is used by someone else.
We advise you to not write down or tell anyone your account password. If you feel or suspect that there has been a breach (of any kind) of your account and or the information displayed on your profile then you must notify us immediately. Furthermore; you should also change your password as soon as possible.
6. Member privacy
7. Membership subscriptions and cancellations
Our pricing is set out on our ‘Subscribe’ page under ‘My account’ menu. The Company may change the Subscription pricing, options, renewal terms or Member Services at any time. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term, however you may cancel your subscription at any time to stop it renewing. Remaining time on subscriptions will not be refunded except in exceptional circumstances and at our discretion. Subscription fees are not transferable from one Member profile to another.
A Member may at any time and without the need to provide any reason, end his/her registration with us by requesting the closure of his/her account in the area of the website designated for such purposes. Such request shall be deemed effective from the first working day after receipt by us of the request for closure of the account concerned. Such a request does not trigger reimbursement of, if appropriate, any time remaining on the Member's subscription.
This section (and any other clause excluding or restricting our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies (who may enforce this clause under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) as well as to us. Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself. If you do not, we shall have no liability to you for that matter.
We shall not be liable for any damage to a Member caused or contributed to by that Member, for example by not complying with these Terms.
Our liability of any kind (including our own negligence) with respect to the Services for any one event or series of related events is limited to five times the total fees payable by you in the 12 months before the event(s) complained of or the sum of £500 whichever is higher.
In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any:
economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings);
- • loss of goodwill or reputation;
- • special, indirect or consequential losses; or and
- • damage to or loss of data (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses).
You agree to indemnify us (including our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies) against all third party claims and liabilities related to your breach of these Terms and/or to your use of the Services.
11. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
This agreement will be governed by the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. Rights of Third Parties
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of this Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
14. Entire Agreement
15. The End.
Now – you’d better get back to the real deal – just ask someone out today!